Resources for NSCH Data Analysis
The pages below provide in-depth information on how to access NSCH data, survey methods, the full survey instrument, SAS and SPSS codebooksto assist with data analysis, and more.
- Request a NSCH dataset: The DRC NSCH dataset includes all variables from the NSCH public use data files. Additional content includes dozens of variables corresponding to measures of children's health status, health care quality, and system performance. All indicators in the DRC NSCH dataset can also be viewed our interactive data query. The "details" link on each DRC data query page provides more information on each variable's numerator, denominator, revisions, methods notes, treatment of unknown variables, and history.
- SAS and SPSS codebooks: These codebooks provide documentation and SPSS/SAS program statements used in the development of variables and subgroups featured in the DRC data query for the NSCH. Its purpose is to serve as a resource for researchers and analysts interested in understanding how these measures are conceptualized, constructed, and interpreted.
- NSCH chartbooks: See some key analyses of NSCH data on salient health topics.
- More survey data analysis help: The following presentation from the National Center for Health Statistics is highly recommended to assist with analysis of the NSCH’s complex sample survey data, providing examples of SAS, SUDAAN and STATA code for obtaining NSCH estimates of variability and statistical significance.
- Ask us a question: If you have additional questions regarding NSCH data analysis, please ask us a question.